The Order of The White Rose (TOWR) will be running a 1 Day Basic Introduction to Radio and Communication Class November 5th 2016 in the Greater Seattle Area.
Class will be 6 to 8 hours, cost is $50.00, location will be provided upon registration. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to register!
This class will touch on the following areas:
– Radio and Communications Basic Theory and Terminology
– Radio Capabilities and Operating Techniques
– Introduction to the Equipment, Radios, Antenna’s, Power, Connections and Cable
– What type of Radio should you buy, Walmart Walki-Talkie, Baofeng, UHF/VHF vs HF
– How Repeaters work and how radio waves act
– Use of Your Radio
– How to Program Your Radio
– Introduction to Scanners and their uses in your area
– Local and National Education Resources
– Introduction to SDR (Software Defined Radio) and Ham-Net
Our goals for this class are:
1st – To give attendees a basic information foundation in the area of Communications. However this is class is not intended to be provide attendees enough information to pass their Ham Radio License Test, its a start but not intended to do that.
2nd – To provide enough practical information that attendees can evaluate the use of Radios in establishing their own Communication networks for families, neighborhood, Group and nearby Groups.
3rd – The Order of the White Rose will be sponsoring Sparks31’s, 2 day Grid-Down/Resilient Communications Class in the Seattle area, June 2017. Our intent is to provide attendees enough information to get the maximum value from what Sparks31 teaches in that class. Without this basic foundation sometimes getting that value is like trying to get a drink of water out of a hydrant.
– Sparks31 Grid-Down/Resilient Communications Class Information
– Email us at email@example.com and register for both classes now! The Sparks31 class WILL sell out!