This class is geared to those who either need to learn the basics of privacy and anonymity, or who would like a refresher. Everyone has the right to conduct their affairs in private, this class will show you how to do that. Whether you’re a total beginner who’s never heard of any of this, or someone who’s dabbled but doesn’t feel comfortable or wants to make sure they’re doing it right, this class is for you. If you missed the Groundrod Primer class last month, then here’s your chance to get in on the same subject matter.
We’ll cover the following:
- the Tor Browser – how to browse the clearnet and darkweb anonymously.
- TAILS operating system – how to run a live system from a flash drive.
- Secure messaging – which ones are best for privacy?
- Virtual Private Networks (VPN) – how to connect to the internet anonymously.
- Bitcoin Basics – how to buy and sell cryptocurrency for anonymous purchases.
- Best practices for online activities – how to evade digital surveillance and protect your metadata.
This is a one-day class, to be held in Bellevue, WA, and is open to all; there will be no vetting for this particular class. Make sure to get in on this one, because we’ll be offering a second class as a sequel to this covering things like creating a new identity for online activities, and how to make anonymous purchases that are not traced back to you.
Bring your laptop or tablet, a blank USB flash drive of 4 GB or more, and get ready to learn some critical skills.
DATE: Saturday, 25 June 2016
LOCATION: Bellevue, WA
The cost for this is only $50 for the whole day of hands-on training. As with all of our classes, 100% of all money taken in goes directly toward funding more classes. You’ll leave with a working TAILS system, some anonymous messaging accounts, and a Bitcoin wallet–with the skills to use them all.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to save your seat!